SPAR is launching an exciting summer campaign to boost distribution and raise awareness of the stand-out products in its own label range.
For the first time ever, SPAR is running Love It & List It, a campaign to drive distribution of own label products, tying in with the 60 year anniversary of SPAR’s own label range.
To choose, a group of independent retailers and wholesaler representatives got together to take part in a sampling session of 50 SPAR Brand products over two days.
Over these two days, the panel took on the challenge of selecting a shortlist of 15 stand-out products that will now be the focus of the summer 2019 campaign.
The 15 Diamond products are:
- SPAR Cypriot Halloumi (RRP £2.75)
- SPAR Mixed Olives with Garlic and Chilli (RRP £2.15)
- SPAR Pasta Spinach and Pine Nut Salad (RRP £1.50)
- SPAR Assorted Mini Ice Cream (RRP £2.25)
- SPAR Lightly Salted Tortilla crisps (RRP £1)
- SPAR Hand Cooked Crisps Pulled Port (RRP £1.29)
- SPAR Tomato Ketchup (RRP 89p)
- SPAR Ventricina Salami Stonebaked Pizza (RRP £5)
- SPAR Butternut and Feta Supergrain Salad (RRP £2.50)
- SPAR Rios de los Andes Reserve Malbec (RRP £7)
- SPAR Zesty Granola Bar (RRP 90p)
- SPAR Unicorn Cupcakes (RRP £1.50)
- SPAR Carrot Broccoli Kale Layered Vegetables (RRP £1.50)
- SPAR Mixed Leaf Salad (RRP £1)
During July, participating SPAR retailers can buy these products from their local SPAR wholesaler with a further 15% reduction in wholesale price in order to incentivise and reward loyal retailers.
The Diamond lines will also be promoted in stores with their own specially designed “loved by us” POS.
Joanne Cramer, SPAR UK Senior Brand Manager, said: “The aim of the Love It & List It campaign is to build on retailers’ existing loyalty to SPAR Brand, and to attract new customers to try the products.
“It is a fantastic chance for all our stores to tell their customers about our great SPAR own label products – to shout about not only their great taste and quality, but their good value, too. This will help us boost the distribution of our Brand range, which we are really proud of.
“We know that SPAR shoppers are considerably more likely to buy own brand than the average symbol group shopper, with 1 in 5 buying own label.
“This campaign has given our independent retailers the opportunity to work in our development kitchen with our experts. It’s about shared learning, transparency and retailer involvement in endorsing our SPAR own label products which is a huge benefit to us,” she added.
Marketing support to back the campaign includes a retailer website, in-store radio, product barkers and social media, as well as email bulletins, briefing packs, brochures, banners, posters and internal communication.